The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in London is responsible for fostering trade and economic relations with the following countries (in alphabetical order).
- The United Kingdom
Based in London, the United Kingdom, this Office:
- promotes bilateral trade with and investment in Hong Kong;
- updates the business communities and governments, trade organisations, business organisations, think-tanks, cultural institutions and media on important developments in Hong Kong;
- organises official visits, seminars and public relations activities in the countries concerned;
- assists investors from the above countries who wish to seek business opportunities in Hong Kong and in Mainland China through Hong Kong as the hub of operation by providing advice and practical assistance; and
- provides inquiry service.
The HKSAR Government is an Associate Member of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) under the name "Hong Kong, China". The Marine Adviser, who is Hong Kong's Permanent Representative to IMO, together with his two Deputies, are based in the London Office. His team is responsible for promoting the Hong Kong Shipping Registry and maritime transport services and rendering support to ship operators of Hong Kong registered ships in the region. Visit Marine Department for more information about the organisation, functions and services.