The HKSAR government has introduced travel restrictions and health quarantine arrangements for inbound travellers from overseas to prevent further importation of cases.
Travel restrictions on non-Hong Kong Residents
1. Starting from 00.00 a.m., on 25 March 2020 (HK time), except for Hong Kong residents, all travellers arriving Hong Kong by flights from overseas countries/territories will be denied entry. The same restriction will also apply to non-Hong Kong residents travelling to Hong Kong from the Mainland of China, Macao and Taiwan who have been to any overseas countries/territories in the past 14 days. The above temporary restrictions will remain in force until further notice.
Requirements on Hong Kong residents returning from Russia
2. Starting from 00.00 a.m., on 26 October 2020 (HK time), a HK resident travelling from Russia to HK is required to undergo a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 and present the following documents before being checked-in for the flight to HK. The same requirements apply to a HK resident who has stayed in Russia during the 14 days before boarding the flight to HK:
I. a test report, in English or Chinese, issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution, bearing the name of the relevant traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document to show that:
a. the relevant traveller underwent a nucleic acid test for COVID-19;
b. the sample for the test was taken within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure of the flight; and
c. the relevant traveller was tested negative for COVID-19; and
II. if the relevant report is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all of the aforementioned information, a written confirmation, in English or Chinese, issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution, bearing the name of the relevant traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document, setting out all of the aforementioned information and presented together with the test report; and
documentary proof, in English or
Chinese, to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO 15189
accredited or is recognised or approved by any one of the following
· Ministry of Health or the appropriate local authorities in all of 85 federal constituent entities of the Russian Federation;
· The Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare (Roszdravnadzor) or its local divisions in federal entities; or
· The Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor) or its local divisions in federal entities; and
IV. the relevant traveller has confirmation in English or Chinese of room reservation in a hotel in Hong Kong for not less than 14 days starting on the day of the arrival of the relevant traveller in Hong Kong.
Further details are set out here.
3. Travellers are also required to submit the “Health & Quarantine Information Declaration Form” 48 hours before arrival and download the health declaration result in the form of a QR code (valid for 48 hours only). They will need to submit the health declaration result to the staff of the Department of Health upon arrival at the Hong Kong International Airport.
4. Starting from 04.00am on 18 August 2020, travellers arriving at the Hong Kong International Airport will be required to proceed to the Temporary Specimen Collection Centre (TSCC) set up in the restricted area of the Airport for collecting their deep throat saliva samples immediately upon arrival. They will need to stay at the TSCC to wait for test results and the waiting time could be up to 12 hours or more, you are kindly advised to bring along all necessities, especially medications and their record, of sufficient quantities before boarding the plane.
5. For travellers whose test results will not be available on the same day (usually those arriving in the afternoons or at nights), they can proceed with immigration procedures right after collecting their deep throat saliva samples at the TSCC. They will subsequently be taken to the Holding Centre for Test Result of the Department of Health in hotel by coaches arranged by the Department of Health to wait for their test results.
6. According to quarantine orders, they shall not leave their hotel rooms nor move around in the hotel. The hotel will provide basic catering services during the accommodation period. In general, the relevant travellers will only stay in the hotel for one night. If the test results are negative, the traveller from Russia will be released to go to the hotel of their booking to continue completion of the 14-day compulsory quarantine.