The HKSAR government has introduced travel restrictions and health quarantine arrangements for inbound travellers from overseas to prevent further importation of cases.
1. People travelling from Russia to HK is required to undergo a polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based nucleic acid test for COVID-19 and present the following documents before being checked-in for the flight to HK. Results of tests conducted using other testing platforms (e.g. reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification, RT-LAMP) cannot be considered to have fulfilled the relevant specified boarding requirement.
I. A test report, in English or Chinese, issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution, bearing the name of the relevant traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document to show that:
II. If the relevant report is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all of the aforementioned information, a written confirmation, in English or Chinese, issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution, bearing the name of the relevant traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document, setting out all of the aforementioned information and presented together with the test report; and
III. The relevant traveller has confirmation in English or Chinese of room reservation in a hotel in Hong Kong for seven or 14 days starting on the day of the arrival of the relevant traveller in Hong Kong (depending on whether he could meet the relevant conditions and choose early discharge from compulsory quarantine).
Further details are set out here.
2. Travellers are also required to submit the “Health & Quarantine Information Declaration Form” 48 hours before arrival and download the health declaration result in the form of a QR code (valid for 48 hours only). They will need to submit the health declaration result to the staff of the Department of Health upon arrival at the Hong Kong International Airport. Starting from 15 September 2021, travellers can declare their non-local COVID-19 vaccination record* whilst conducting this form. Officers at control points will check the proof of non-local vaccination record of the relevant inbound traveller upon his or her arrival in Hong Kong, and they will be issued
a compulsory quarantine order together with a vaccination record QR code for local use at the same time.
*For acceptable vaccines for registration, please click here.
3. From 22 December 2020, all travellers arriving in Hong Kong from other countries outside China are required to undergo the compulsory quarantine at designated quarantine hotels (see the list of designated hotels for the seventh cycle from 1 March 2022 to 31 July 2022 from here).A room reservation should be made in a designated quarantine hotel starting from the date of arrival after confirming the date of return to Hong Kong and the booking confirmation should be presented to the airline before boarding, or else one will be refused to board. For details, please visit this website.
4. The designated quarantine hotels can only receive the inbound travellers arriving in Hong Kong from countries outside China who are subject to compulsory quarantine and the Government will also arrange designated transportation for sending them to designated quarantine hotels.
5. Currently, Hong Kong residents have to hold a recognised record of full vaccination, a negative result proof of a PCR test conducted within 48 hours of boarding, and a room reservation confirmation in a designated quarantine hotel before boarding flights. If the results of the PCR test conducted on the fifth day and the RATs conducted on the sixth and seventh days of arrival are all negative, they can be discharged from compulsory quarantine. However, they will be required to undergo self-monitoring for seven days, and a compulsory PCR test on the 9th and 12th day of arrival at Hong Kong. For details, please click here.
6. Starting from 4.00am on 18 August 2020, travellers arriving at the Hong Kong International Airport will be required to proceed to the Temporary Specimen Collection Centre (TSCC) set up in the restricted area of the Airport for issuance of quarantine order and collection of specimen. They will need to stay at the TSCC to wait for test results and the waiting time could be up to 12 hours or more, you are kindly advised to bring along all necessities, especially medications and their record, of sufficient quantities before boarding the plane. For details, please click here.